In the wake of the unprecedented devastation caused by cloud-burst and flash floods in a major portion of Uttarakhand, Ramakrishna Mission, Belur Math has undertaken relief work in the affected areas through its Kankhal (Haridwar) centre.
A relief camp has been established at a place called Agastya Muni, about 25 kms from Rudra Prayag. Dry food packets (each packet containing a loaf of bread, rusk, puri, pickle, sweets, etc.), baby food and drinking water are being distributed among thousands of affected people. Moreover, primary medical relief is also being provided to the victims. The relief work will be further expanded depending upon the then pressing situation.
While thanking all who contributed for this noble cause, we request others to come forward and donate liberally, to help us in this noble endeavour. All donations paid in cash or by cheque / demand draft drawn in favour of “RAMAKRISHNA MISSION” payable at Kolkata are exempt from income tax under section 80‐G of the I.T. Act. Online donation facility is also available through our website (http://www.belurmath.org/donation.php). Donation may please be sent to: The General Secretary, Ramakrishna Mission, (Relief Section) Belur Math, Howrah, West Bengal – 711 202, India.
Anticipating a favourable response for the noble cause and also thanking you for your continued support.
A Note for Communication and For Sending Donations to Relief Section
- 1.Our address is:
Ramakrishna Mission (Relief Section)
P.O. Belur Math, Dist. Howrah, West Bengal, India – 711 202
Tel.: (033) 2654-1144 / 1180 / 5391 / 9581 / 9681
(033) 2654-5700 / 5701 / 5702 / 5703 / 8494
Fax : (033) 2654 9885 (For Relief Activities only)
- 2.All official correspondence should be addressed to The General Secretary.
- 3.Kindly mention in a covering letter or on the backside of the cheque / DD the purpose of the donation, i.e. RELIEF work.
- 4.All a/c payee cheques (any currency), demand drafts, in favour of ‘Ramakrishna Mission’ payable at Kolkata are accepted.
- 5.To prevent loss / theft in transit, it is advisable to send the donation cheque / DD through Speed Post / Registered Mail.
- 6.You may also send donations towards our ‘Permanent Fund for Provident Relief Fund’. The bank interest from this fund is utilized towards our various relief activities. You may send the donations in memory of your near and dear ones if you so wish. Kindly note that, donations above Rs. 5,000/- (Rupees five thousand) will be accepted towards Permanent Fund for Provident Relief Fund.
If you want to send your donations towards this corpus fund, kindly mention in your covering letter that you are sending your donation towards the ‘Permanent Fund for Provident Relief Fund’. Presently there is no online facility to donate for the “Permanent Fund for Provident Relief Fund”
- 7.Online donation
You can also send your donation for relief online. For details please visit our website at: http://www.belurmath.org/donation.php.
All donations to “RAMAKRISHNA MISSION” are exempt from Income Tax under section 80-G of the I.T. Act.
- 8.You can also donate through our branch centers.
To the world you might be one person. But,
To one flood victim you might be the world
Let us Come Forward & Bridge the Difference
This life is short, the vanities of the world are transient, but they alone live who live for others, the rest are more dead than alive.
You cannot help anyone, you can only serve: serve the children of the Lord, serve the Lord himself, if you have the privilege. If the Lord grants that you can help anyone of His children, blessed you are…
– Swami Vivekananda